Bump Baby and Beyond Antenatal Classes
with Linzy Thirlaway
Mondays 6.30-8.30pm in Gosforth
This 6 week course led by Linzy Thirlaway, a registered midwife, consists of weekly 2 hour sessions covering many aspects of labour, birth and life with a new baby.
The course is outlined below and is very much group focused and flexible to ensure the personal needs of the group can be met.
- Week 1 — Meet the group, early labour, when to go to hospital or call the midwife, what you need to take to hospital
- Week 2 — Labour and birth, coping strategies including positions, support and the role of birth partners
- Week 3 — Pain relief options, complications of labour and birth
- Week 4 — Life with your new baby, the early days and practical skills for caring for your new baby
- Week 5 — Feeding your baby
- Week 6 — Adapting to parenthood, relationships and support networks
A postnatal reunion is also included within the cost of the course where the group, complete with new arrivals can meet up and share experiences and stories. Follow up support via e-mail and telephone is also included in the cost of the course.
Course Facilitator is Linzy Thirlaway who is a registered midwife and has been working within the NHS for the past 15 years, specialising in parent education. Her years of providing care for women during pregnancy, birth and the postnatal period ensure that she has both the knowledge and experience to support and prepare you for the arrival of your baby. She is also a qualified pregnancy massage and aromatherapy therapist, and Certified Infant Massage Instructor. Linzy became a very proud mum to Robyn in 2011. She is passionate about supporting parents in pregnancy and early days of parenthood.
Need more info?
Please email linzy email@example.com or phone her on 07795 438135 with any queries or to book on a course.
For general information you can contact NPBC by email or 07812 950868.