First Aid for Parents and Carers
Tumbles and Grumbles First aid
with Caroline Westergaard-Davies
At NPBC we believe that understanding emergency First Aid should a be priority for all parents and carers. The Tumbles and Grumbles First Aid course provides up to date information on how to react in an emergency situation.
- Primary Survey- how to find and treat life threatening conditions in a little one.
- CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation)- when and how to deliver CPR to a baby and child.
- Choking- how to help a conscious and unconscious choking baby and child.
- Meningitis- how to recognise the early signs and what to do.
- Febrile Convulsion- what they are, why they occur and what to do.
- Anaphylactic Shock- how to recognise the signs and what to do to help.
- Wounds and Bleeding- what is shock and how it can be treated. How to deal with 3 common types of wounds.
- Burns- The biggest risk factor! Different types of burns, how they occur and how they can be treated.
- Tumbles and Grumbles courses are 3 hours long and focus on how to treat both a Baby (0-12months) and a Child (12months-Puberty) which is crucial given how fast they grow! Tumbles and Grumbles courses are taught by Caroline Davies who is a paramedic and a parent of one. She has many years' experience of emergency care of babies and children.
Need more Information?
If you would like to book or need more information please email:
Caroline at Tumbles and Grumbles firstname.lastname@example.org or call Caroline on 07715810483
For general information you can contact NPBC by email or 07812 950868.